When a license is expiring or when the amount of licensed components have changed, a new license will be generated and provided to customers.
Kinetica Administrators can update the license on the installation by following the steps outlined below.
Affects Versions: 6.1, 6.2
There are two ways to update the license key provided:
- UI (Gadmin):
- Access Gadmin (http://<kinetica-server>:8080)
- On the "Cluster" tab, inside the "Admin" menu stop Kinetica services
- Once the services are stopped change the license key on the "Config" menu under the "Licensing" section
- Click on "Update" then "Start Service"
- Command Line
- Stop Kinetica services
- Navigate to /opt/gpudb/core/etc
- Edit gpudb.conf file
- Replace the license key in the "Licensing" section
- Save and restart Kinetica services