KAgent: “Unable to authenticate user admin against existing cluster. Please verify and update your password”
User is performing Add Cluster to a new cluster or existing cluster. Verify step is failed with message as follows:
Unable to authenticate user admin against existing cluster. Please verify and update your password
1. UERR message in gpudb.log alerting Invalid password for admin error
2020-07-07 16:47:05.244 UERR (4138,5096) <hostname> Security/SecurityManager.cpp:926 - Invalid password for admin
2020-07-07 16:47:05.244 UERR (4138,5096) <hostname> HttpServer/GaiaHttpRequestHandlerFactory.cpp:113 - invalid credentials for endpoint: /show/system/status
2. KAgent is of older version, e.g. kagent-188.8.131.52.20191113144856.ga-0.x86_64.rpm
3. It's possible administrator is trying to add a cluster that shares the same name as a cluster that was previously added and removed.
Kinetica On-prem 7.x
Invalid password is faced during Add Cluster at Verify step when performing upgrade cluster.
Support recommends to follow proper upgrade path in performing upgrade cluster.
1. Try clearing cookies of the browser, or try using a different browser
2. Upgrade your KAgent version to the most recent release available in public repository and try Add Cluster again
3. If the cluster currently is not managed by KAgent and you are attempting to add it, and you don’t have any other cluster in this KAgent, you can delete the kagent.db and start over.
/etc/init.d/kagent_ui stop && rm -rf /opt/gpudb/kagent/resources/var/kagent.db && /etc/init.d/kagent_ui start
Special Considerations :
Kinetica public repository URL:
Upgrade guidelines document: